Sunday, May 11, 2014

Before Watching 'The Grand Budapest Hotel'

'The Grand Budapest Hotel' will come out on June 6th, 2014 in Japan. I can't wait for the day. I saw the Japanese official web site, but sadly there was no mention of Stefan Zweig. Most Japanese are not familiar with this great Austrian writer. Wes Anderson said that the story was inspired by his two books 'Beware of Pity' and 'The Post Office Girl' on The Telegraph. A couple of months ago, Dominic of my fave UK band Is Tropical tweeted abt the book 'Chess (The Royal Game)' by Zweig. What a coincidence. I think he is super cool. If you have time, please check these books.
Then I found an interesting article Wes Anderson's Colour Palettes by Laura Havlin on Another Magazine. His retro pastel colours always fascinate me.

P.S. You can download some interesting things on the official web site.

No comments: